- I get to know people. The best and smoothest relationships exist when you can start to know what the other is thinking, or at least feel confident enough to guess. As time goes on and first try’s become normal, you can’t help but feel a little joy inside.
- My job loves me! I don’t know why but since I’ve been designing things for other people things have just felt right! Realistically, 1.8% of things have gone wrong since I started designing, but 98.2% of the time my job is amazing.
- I get to cook! With no set ‘hours’ life can be filled with work, and work with life! I generally know that the evenings will go into the later hours, so taking a few hours here and there throughout the day to cook, nourish, play with food and not look at a computer screen is … awesome.
- I get to see beautiful things that other people are doing/saying every day, and it’s part of my j-o-b!
- It works my brain – like too much sometimes. Daily mathematics, physical movement (I wear weights around my wrists, obviously), lots of visual cognition (matching up colours, feeling what a new screen can look like to someone for the first time, scanning through shapes of fonts like they were shapely women, reading and re-reading emails), and sometimes way more!
- The possibilities! Accessibility Design! Sustainable Design! Environmental/Signage Design! Everything is designed, and each project is a new way to get involved
- If people don’t know, they do NOT know what I do.
HTML CODES. PROPERLY POINTED DNS SERVERS. JQUERY RELATIONSHIPS. BEAUTIFUL CSS.
This is what your entire world on the web stands on. This insane, synthetic web of human-created insanity. It’s nuts and, well, I kind of get it. I can’t imagine what someone who has no idea must think.